These are a staple in my diet. They are super easy. Freeze amazingly. Reheat more amazingly. And are tasty enough that even your kids or spouse… who may not be on the same healthy eating train as you are will still enjoy em!
Ingredients: (makes 24 meatloaf muffins)
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, cut into small chunks
- 3 ribs celery from the heart of the stalk, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg plus a splash of low fat milk (or plain almond milk), beaten
- 1.5 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoons Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick
- 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce (the lower the sugar on your bbq, the healthier it will be!)
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Put ground turkey into a big bowl. Chop onion, celery and green pepper and add to the bowl. Add egg, beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl.
Next, mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce. Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix. Mix the meatloaf together with your hands. Wash up.
Spray your muffin pans with cooking spray. Use an ice cream scoop to help you fill meat into a each tin. Top each meat loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce. Bake about 20 minutes. Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through.